HR Manager, International SME in growth stage. Autonomous first UK HR hire,
£50,000 - £70,000 depending on experience.
Based Tilbury, Essex
This is a great opportunity to become the UKs first HR hire for this SME in the wholesale/retail/textile sector. They are rapidly growing internationally and in the UK. Have a UK workforce of around 200 employees and a mixture of blue and white collar workers.
You will have the opportunity to lead the people plan for the UK, be responsible for developing and shaping the culture and embedding the company mission and values as well as the day to day generalist HR duties and being hands on, forming relationships
This role would suit either a person looking for the next step in their career who is excited about change and ready to take a lead role or it could also suit someone already operating at this level and looking to take a role that they can make their own.
With support from the COE and Head office functions in Italy, you will have the support from the wider HR team, which is ideal from a growth and learning perspective for this role
- Support the UK population of around 200 employees, being first point of contact for all HR queries and being hands on with all things HR related
- You'll spend 2 - 3 days on-site at Tilbury, Essex, and also around 1 day a week on site near Northampton the rest from home
- Report into Head Office in Italy, be responsible for delivering the people plan in the UK
- Work with the managers to create and implement a development and succession plan
- Lead recruitment as the business grows with support from the centre of excellence
- Oversee all ER, policy, processes, L&D and day to day HR queries
- Implement a D&I strategy, well-being initiatives and other related projects
- Work closely with the UK Country Manager, develop the people strategy and support, coach and deliver this as the business grows.
- Create and implement HR projects , lead the business through change as it grows
Skills and experience
- Strong Generalist HR experience including knowledge of employment law, L&D, reward and benefits, policy and processes, recruitment
- You will have either been in a stand alone role before or will have led specific projects as part of bigger team
- Experience working in a SME is highly desirable, as is experience in a fast paced, ever changing business and being able to work with ambiguity
- You will have worked in an organisation that has been through change and works at pace,
- You will be keen to lead and make the role your own, you'll be a driven individual and keen to add value and develop the HR function.
- You will be CIPD qualified or have relevant experience
If this role is of interest, please apply online to be considered
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.