I'm pleased to share that I'm currently supporting a global Professional Services firm with the search for their Interim Graduate Resourcing & Development - EMEA Senior Manager.
The role is a maternity cover for a 12 month contract and will lead the regional campus recruitment teams in driving and implementing the recruitment strategy from attraction and cultivation to selection and integration. You will also have responsibility for overseeing all HR & Development matters in relation to trainees in London, in conjunction with the London Trainee Development (HR) team.
- Integrate areas of the candidate experience for EMEA including cultivation, assessment, integration, work allocation and professional development.
- Cultivate and foster a culture that is team-oriented, one-firm, collegial and committed to professional excellence. Manage, mentor, and develop teams ensuring they have the knowledge, skills and resources to deliver exceptional service aligned with the Firm vision and People team mission.
- Champion "people-focused" strategic recruiting and integration capabilities, innovations, and approaches throughout EMEA, influencing progressive thinking within the function and more broadly across the Firm.
- Cultivate and foster strong relationships with partners, lawyers, and other business leadership - educate and instill an awareness of the strategic programmes and overall capabilities of the recruiting functions.
- Oversee and support on all trainee-related employee relations matters in London.
- Lead the London Trainee Development (HR) team to provide consultation, coaching, and employee relations support in a fair and consistent manner; offering commercial employment advice and flexible support to leaders in addressing all employee issues.
- Work with the regional section heads to manage graduuate headcount, early career path, development and progression.
- Support training and mentoring programs at every level of the Firm to ensure professional development is aligned with potential and performance.
- Oversee the development, implementation and/or enforcement of policies and procedures aligned with the Firm's values and global talent philosophy for each office in the reigon.
- Create and maintain an environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity and competitive advantage in support of the Firm's diversity and inclusion strategy.
- Monitor current trends and innovations in recruiting practices, develop corresponding strategies and responses, and implement new methodologies, programmes, and policies as appropriate.
- Maintain clear, effective lines of communication, keeping all stakeholders and team members well informed regarding new programmes and developments, critical issues, and policy changes.
- Structure EMEA teams to deliver exceptional client service locally, while leveraging our global policies, processes, systems, and shared services.
- Lead projects and initiatives on behalf of the global People team.
- Maintain a hands-on approach, supporting teams with day to day activities as and when needed e.g. interviewing, creating content, events, presentations, complex employee relations matters.
Capabilities and requirements
- Extensive recruitment experience (ideally a minimum of 8 years), in a legal or professional services environment or partnership structure
- A strong background in Human Resources; the CIPD qualification is highly desirable
- Outstanding relationship building skills and personable approach, combined with poise, gravitas and the ability to lead through influence rather than control, creating consensus-based support for business strategies and decisions
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills; the ability to develop comprehensive short and long term strategic operating and business plans from broadly stated objectives in a dynamic, global environment
- Ability to foresee the impact of emerging trends / patterns
- A demonstrable record of successful management, mentoring and developing of a team of top-tier professional and functional leaders in a geographically dispersed organisation
- Proven experience of driving innovation, creative thinking and continuous improvement in a People function
- Superior presentation, writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.