A global Law firm are currently looking to hire their Interim Head of Learning and Development for a 12-month Maternity cover contract. The new incumbent will be responsible for the delivery of a wide range of training and development programmes to business services and Lawyers across the firm.
In particular, the Head of L&D will be responsible for;
Working with and overseeing a senior L&D Advisor, an L&D Advisor and an L&D Coordinator;
Supporting individual offices with their business services skills development including training programmes, coaching and management skills;
Other L&D and organisational development projects, such as creating competency frameworks, dissemination of the firm's core values, integration projects.
The team consist of 12 people (6 in London, 2 in Asia and 6 in the US).
Planning, Design and Implementation
- Strong experience of managing and delivering professional skills programmes (ideally within professional Services)
- You will be an experienced L&D professional with an interest in developing talent looking to work in an entrepreneurial, growing Law firm where L&D is greatly valued.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to deliver to a range of audiences
- An innovative mindset - a curiosity for doing things differently in order to facilitate behaviour change and inspire others
- Experience of running development centres and qualified in one or more psychometric tools
- Ideally, strong experience of managing and delivering professional skills programmes (within a professional services environment)
- Strong communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills in order to liaise with different parts of the firm
- Strong influencing skills: ability to gain credibility with all levels of staff and "sell" the benefits of on-going employee development
- Team player - ready to pitch in and support not just the L&D team but the wider HR department
- A genuine interest in how professional services firms/partnerships operate
- Strong project management and organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects
- Ability to work under pressure and take a flexible approach to service delivery
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working across international offices desirable but not essential
- Trustworthy with the ability to deal with confidential information
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.