This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly experienced individual who wants to make a significant impact on an organisation that is changing the face of Britain. If you're passionate about people, a strong leader with excellent stakeholder skills, and want to drive a true holistic Talent proposition across Leadership, Learning and Culture, then you could be the person we are looking for. You'll need to be at the top of your game though. The People Team has made great progress towards our aim of being best in class in everything we do, creating an inclusive organisation where it's not just what we're doing that's important, but also how we're doing it.
You'll be responsible for the developing and implementing a long-term talent, development and leadership strategy that will ensure the firm can attract and retain the best talent both now and in the future. This role leads a team of experts and you'll be accountable for ensuring that the best talent pipeline into critical roles are in place.
Reporting directly into the Chief People Officer the role holder will work in partnership with the Executive Committee, Heads of HR and senior leaders as well as with Capita HR, who provide our Policies.
In return you'll get to be part of an organisation that is fast paced and thought leading, and a team which has been built to deliver modern and innovative people solutions and passionately believe in what we are doing. This is a new role in the People Team and as a result, you'll get an opportunity to review and shape our current practices and influence the shape and execution of our people strategy. You'll work closely with the Head of People Partnering and Operations to ensure that our culture and processes work hand in hand, and our initiatives are not just embedded in the business but are celebrated and lived.
- Provide strategic direction on Talent, Learning Leadership and organisation design that supports the overall People team priorities.
- Prepare the organisation to meet future workforce requirements and develop a long-term view on how the employment proposition of the firms needs to evolve to attract and retain future talent.
- Own the development of a full leadership and learning strategy for the firm to incorporate innovative learning practices (digital, thought leading) and ensure that any company wide initiatives are commercial and deliver a benefit to the business.
- Encourage and strengthen a culture and practice of forward HR planning, ensuring HR considerations are reflected accurately in new initiatives and programmes and annual planning process.
- Drive the overall cultural strategy to ensure objectives and success measures are met.
- Lead the design, delivery and implementation of key Leadership capabilities including outside-in thinking for the firms leaders of the future.
- Develop and evolve the performance appraisal process incorporating the firms new behaviours and redesign based on evaluation and review.
- Partners, collaborates, and effectively influences the People function to drive outcomes.
- Partners outside of HR to integrate people strategies with wider organizational strategies, goals and programmes to ensure more integrated experience of work and change for the firms employees and partners.
- Collaborate and build relationships with Capita as appropriate to leverage technology, materials and products that will allow the firm to meet its Talent, Leadership & Learning objectives.
Skills and Experiences Essential
- A seasoned Talent leader with a track record for positively influencing business success across a complex organisation.
- Experience in leading functional transformation (people, process, technology) and wider cultural transformation.
- Experience operating effectively in a results driven, collaborative environment.
- Adept at managing the budget for the Talent, Leadership, Learning with specific emphasis on performance metrics, including impact on business results and return on investment.
- The ability to leverage internal and where necessary external resources to develop innovative and cost-effective solutions.
- Able to apply commercial and strategic awareness to problem solving.
- Evidence of being able to influence change at senior levels.
- Resilient and commercially minded.
- A strong leader and motivator of teams.
- A flexible team player with a high level of initiative.
- Knowledge of best practice learning offerings.
- Proven experience of defining and implementing effective learning strategies.
- Experience of capability framework design and definition.
Skills and Experiences Desirable
- Knowledge of the energy industry.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.