A small global manufacturing/distribution organisation, with a strong focus on innovation and productivity, requires an adaptable Health, Safety and Environment Manager to lead the HSE Function across the business. The company has a well-established and expansive network division across Australia and globally and is growing significantly. You will be required to step into this role to build relationships, coach employees, provide site management and personnel with technical support and advice.
You will be driving the safety function with a key influence to all stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes. The role will encompass the implementation of the organisations SMS as well as the coaching of line mangers to ensure continuous improvement of HSE & Wellbeing.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- Support the business' strategy for overall Safety, Health and Environment across Australia and New Zealand
- Drive the development and improvement of the organisation's safety processes and systems
- Actively engage the key stakeholders in the business and respond to their safety needs
- Conduct safety reporting, analyse data and implement corrective action
- Act as an expert resource on all safety matters
- Engage National and State authorities on relevant matters including Major Hazard Facility issues
- Regularly conduct on-site risk assessments and site safety inspections
- Assist with Workers Compensation and Insurance matters as appropriate
- Promote awareness of Occupational Health and Safety practices to both internal and external customers on a regular basis
- Drive and promote a strong safety culture
- Coach, persuade and influence through engaging leadership to set and enforce safety standards and targets
- Minimum WHS diploma qualification or equivalent
- Previous hands-on experience managing HSE across multiple manufacturing or similar
- Strong leadership/influencing skills as well as being able to build relationships ensuring a friendly personality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge and experience in managing health and safety legislative and understanding current legislation nationally.
- Ability to prioritise and complete action plans with detailed reporting
Benefits & Next Steps
Long-term stable opportunity within a growing organisation with genuine opportunity to develop while leading the HSE Function. Potential for the role to grow as the business grows.
The position will be based in Sydney. For further information about this position please apply.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.frazerjones.com.au
Frazer Jones is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.