The purpose of this role is to drive a 'Safety First' culture through leadership, coaching, accountability and development of safety and health initiatives. The role will provide advice, service, development and support to the site and business leadership teams. In conjunction with the Health, Safety and Wellbeing Manager you will design and implement safety initiatives. This includes developing and implementing safety strategies by partnering with the relevant business teams to develop and maintain a safe working environment and culture.
Required Attributes for the Role
- Thorough understanding of Australian WHS and Workers Compensation legislation and regulations
- Business acumen, understands key business drivers and the ability to identify key WHS priorities
- Strong logical and lateral thinking skills with a capacity for innovation
- Highly proactive, well developed project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Strong motivational skills with the capacity to positively influence people and to initiate and deliver change independently or through teamwork
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with particularly outstanding influencing skills
- Sound ability to flexibly and cooperatively work across multiple teams
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Document writing and development skills
- Ability to prepare detailed and practical reports and plans
- High level of competency in computer-based communication and information management tools (i.e. Riskware, Chemwatch, Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite)
Essential for the Role
- Min of 2 years in a similar role
- FMCG and Manufacturing experience preferred
- Certificate IV in WHS, Injury Management, or similar preferred
- Successful completion of 'The Role of Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator' (Return to Work Statement of Completion) preferred
- Hold a current Driver's Licence
If you would like to have a more detailed and confidential discussion, please feel free to call Michele 0403210494 once you have sent your Cv.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.frazerjones.com.au
Frazer Jones is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.