Our client, one of the oldest non-profit organizations headquartered in NYC, is looking to add an HR Business Partner to their growing team. This client is looking for someone with 5+ years of HR experience, with at least 3+ years of business partnering experience. This person will get involved in everything from performance management, retention, employee engagement, workforce planning, culture design, organizational development, comp planning, career development, etc. They would love someone who is very employee centric, a real problem solver and someone with a strategic mindset who has the maturity to have tough conversations and push back with leaders. Multi-state experience and union experience a huge plus. Our client is going through an organizational transformation so it's a great time to get in there and be a part of the huge change! While still currently remote, this person will be expected to come into either their NYC or Washington, DC office 2-3 days a week in the future.
The HRBP will provide strategic direction and support to leadership and employees throughout a dedicated portfolio. They will assist in all human resources functional areas, including culture, onboarding, employee relations, performance management, talent planning, and hiring/selection.
- Serve as a trusted business partner and coach to leaders and employees throughout the organization, building authentic relationships, collaborating across groups, and influencing at all levels of the organization
- Partner with leaders to establish forward-looking plans and provide strategic guidance on a variety of employee-related topics. This includes employee engagement, workforce planning, talent retention, and overall organizational performance.
- Work with people managers as a coach, providing mentorship and guidance in situations regarding conflict management and resolution as well as talent management and motivation.
- Understand organizational priorities and translate them into an HR agenda that drives business results
- Act as a trusted advisor working with leaders on their succession plans at multiple levels within the organization; anticipate workforce issues and be proactive in developing plans to ensure effective workforce continuity.
- Support organizational design initiatives to align capabilities with company priorities to ensure continuous improvement and structural evolution.
- Analyze trends and metrics on employee engagement and satisfaction. Leverage this data to partner with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase performance, and improve retention
- Partner with management in resolving employee concerns and escalated employee issues, determining and implementing appropriate action, including PIPs and employment decisions.
- Partner with Sr Director Employee Relations and legal department to resolve complex employee relations issues
- Collaborate closely with managers and employees to implement HR programs including talent reviews, compensation planning, career development, performance management, actioning employee survey data, and internal processes and policies
- Strategically lead and fully execute key HR initiatives that support organization's vision
- Guide leaders and frontline employees regarding company policies, values, HR program administration (benefits, pay and salary) and interpretation to ensure policies and procedures are executed consistently
- Collaborate with managers and talent acquisition team on organizational development and workforce planning, including reviewing and updating job descriptions and assessing internal opportunities for existing employees.
- Ensure activities are in compliance with all state and federal employment laws and regulations
- Lead and participate in equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Assist with other HR-related projects as assigned
If you're interested in this opportunity, please apply and reference ID#MDPR/208253. If you're already acquainted with our firm and working with one of our recruiting consultants, please contact that individual directly to discuss this opportunity referencing job #MDPR/208253. Otherwise, we look forward to receiving your application. Please note that our client will not provide visa sponsorship nor relocation for this role.
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.