We have a current opportunity for a HR Advisor working for a leading international law firm, based in one of their regional offices across Surrey and Hampshire.
This is a generalist HR Advisor role, working closely with the HR Business Partner, Shared Services and generalist team, you will support one of their key fee-earning divisions. You will be responsible for providing effective and proactive advisory advice to both individuals and teams and you will build pro-active and dynamic relationships with the business to ensure that a high standard of support is provided to your client groups. You will act as an Employee Champion, driving engagement and reflecting the Firm's culture and values.
* Work closely with the HR Business Partner and wider team to understand the business context and progress initiatives to address employee engagement.
* Support the HR Business Partner to ensure that employees and managers receive guidance with regards to all generalist HR issues.
* Contribute towards providing meaningful analytics to enable business improvement (e.g. exit interview summaries, absence data, headcount reports, start and leaver reports).
* Conduct exit interviews to gain further insight and identify improvement areas.
* Involvement in key HR projects, and support strategic initiatives across the team as required.
* Work closely with Shared Services to ensure a seamless process in relation to all HR administration.
* Manage day-to-day employee relations cases with appropriate guidance from the HR Business Partner (including disciplinary, grievance, redundancy, and capability).
* Lead the performance management within divisions.
* Oversee the timely onboarding of employees, with the support of the HR Shared Services Team.
* Support the Learning and Development team with relevant training programmes.
* Support employees in assessing their strengths and development needs.
* Inform the HR Business Partner of any training needs within your client groups.
* Provide support to the HR Business Partner with input into annual salary review conversations.
* Lead on monthly payroll input and checking process for relevant client groups. Escalate queries to the HR Business Partner as necessary.
* Oversee and provide support as necessary on all processes relating to the employee lifecycle (e.g. joiners, leavers, reward and benefits).
The firm operates a hybrid agile working policy allowing employees to work from home (or another UK location) for at least 50% of their time. Individuals can also apply for other flexible working options either at the time of recruitment or during the course of their employment.
Essential and desirable criteria
* A clear ability to manage and prioritise a complex and changing workload, with ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines, whilst maintaining high attention to detail at all times.
* Good understanding and experience of managing ER cases and strong knowledge of employment law and best practice.
* Professional approach with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, that will ensure success and command instant credibility at all levels within the firm.
* A strong team orientation.
* IT literate with experience of HR databases, HR systems, Outlook, Excel and Word.
* Complete confidentiality at all times.
The position can be based in Guildford or Basingstoke. For further information about this position please apply.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.