Our client is a market leader in the Brand Marketing sector and is a Fortune 500 company where the People function is at the center of the business with the objective to create a workplace with engaged and happy staff. Due to mobility, they are looking for a Head of HR for the region with exceptional Business Partner capability.
As the Head of the function in Asia Pacific, you will be responsible for shaping and supporting the growth of the Company. You will be spearheading change and providing solutions based on business strategy and needs. As the partner and trusted advisor, you will drive solutions for the business and build knowledge of their employees and global business processes. Your experience and interest in the field of change management and talent development will help you to support the growth of their employees and build strong teams within a multicultural environment. As the most senior HR professional in the department, this role will also be responsible for leading a small people team across the Asia Pacific region, in which you will be expected to support the roll out of new global people processes and tools to the business. This is a great opportunity for someone that is looking for a culture full of passion, authenticity and reliable people, in a collaborative, and challenging environment.
Reporting directly to the Director of the Int'l business partner team based in Europe and supporting the senior management team in APAC, you will be the first point of contact for approximately 150 employees across 8 offices within the region. Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing an APAC specific talent strategy, aligned to the Global People strategy;
- Proactively identifying local talent issues and developing solutions to drive engagement and mitigate people risks;
- Leading all aspects of employee relations from performance coaching support to progressive ER;
- Conducting talent needs analysis and partnering with their Talent Development Network of Expertise to propose solutions to close gaps, improve performance and develop the next generation of leaders;
- Partnering with Total Rewards Network of expertise to support discussions related to compensation, e.g. internal and external equity, lead the year end process;
- Partnering with APAC leaders to ensure organization design structure supports business aspirations and lead change management efforts as required;
- Participating in the development of global people frameworks and processes, and lead implementation for APAC
To be considered for this role you should have at least 12 years HR business partnering experience (with a number of years at a senior level within the businesses that you support). You should be currently based in Hong Kong with some regional experience. You will have worked with global teams and be a proven collaborator who can work across functions and geographies, specifically within a globally dispersed HR team building authentic and trusting relationships. You must have experience in driving change and implementing global initiatives as well as building strong advisory relationships with business leaders. HR works very closely with the business in this company and you must love working with senior leaders and has strong coaching skills. This is a very multicultural environment where fluent English language skills (both verbal and written) will be critical to the role along with cultural awareness, diplomacy and the ability to influence at all levels of the organisation.
Our client is offering a very competitive total comp package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic international and multicultural environment where you can have impact and add true value to the organisation.
The SR Group (Hong Kong) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.