Frazer Jones is now working banking organisation based in London, we are searching for a Global Mobility Tax Associate to join this organisation on a permanent basis. The role will report into the Head of Global Mobility and work closely with the wider HR team. The successful candidate will largely be involved in the international income tax and cross-border compensation aspects of Global Mobility ensuring tax and social security compliance relating to international assignments, transfers, cross-border employees, remote workers and business travellers.
- Act as the first point of contact in coordinating advice received from specialist teams (corporate tax, regulation, payroll, benefits etc) on cross-border arrangements.
- Analyse the specialists' inputs to propose optimal set up to the business in order to manage risks and compliance
- Work closely with Global Mobility colleagues to prepare and review assignment packages, cost projections and assignment letters
- Act to manage the Group's tax provider to deliver advice on ad hoc international income tax and social security related queries
- Frequently review and consider any potential tax planning related to expatriate tax and social security to reduce the Group's cost and/or mitigate risks
- Responsible for the annual income tax return process. This includes reviewing and signing-off global authorisation lists; tracking the completion of tax questionnaires for authorised mobile population; organising tax payments to tax authorities and monitoring tax refunds to/from the Group and authorised mobile population
- Manage and track Certificate of Coverage/A1 applications for international mobile population
- Liaise with global internal or outsourced payroll teams on payroll guidelines for international mobile population including responsibility for reviewing some of the monthly payroll outputs (e.g. shadow payroll, s690, Appendix 5 etc)
- Aid with setting up new outsourced payroll providers if connected to cross-borders arrangements
- Advise on tax equalisation arrangements where appropriate
- Previous experience in Global Mobility and tax
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate complex tax issues both orally and in writing and to translate this into effective and pragmatic advice
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong sense of ownership of work and data quality, ability to be business acumen minded
- UK immigration knowledge would be useful (Desirable)
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.