I'm delighted to be supporting a renowed global Financial Services firm in the search for their Director level Employee Relations Investigations Lead for EMEA.
This role will report to the Head of Employee Relations EMEA and the Global Head of ER Investigations. The role is responsible for proactively managing investigations arising from employee complaints or reports of employee misconduct to Employee Relations.
ER Investigations is a distinct function being created in order to review employee complaints, ensuring fairness, equity, thoroughness, timeliness, balance and neutrality in all investigations. Leveraging a standardized investigations framework, this team will hold their people accountable where there is discriminatory conduct, harassment or other inappropriate behaviors, or where there has been any other breach of the firms policies according to globally consistent principles.
ER Investigations is also responsible for maintaining, improving and building awareness of management tools supporting the investigation process, including developing robust reporting and analytics. The firm's leaders and people are key partners in ensuring a respectful and inclusive environment, and are equally responsible for reinforcing to all employees our shared responsibility to report concerns.
- Proactively manage complex ER cases across the EMEA region to successful resolution.
- Conduct robust, timely, fair and equitable investigations into employee complaints and allegations of misconduct, in line with the global investigations framework and local policies, practices and legal frameworks.
- Where applicable, partner with hearing managers to run disciplinary, grievance and appeal processes, in line with the local policies. Ensure outcomes are fair and consistent across the region and support the firm's inclusive culture.
- Build and maintain a strong partnership with key partners in Legal & Compliance to assess and mitigate legal, regulatory and reputational risk, whilst supporting the firms inclusive culture.
- Liaise with and advise the global HR Business Partner community on investigations and areas of concern.
- Use the ER case management system to log cases and use the associated data to gather insights, identify trends and develop proactive strategies to remediate risk.
- Interpret, communicate and maintain ER policies, processes and training, ensuring their content is current and fit for purpose.
- Assist in the design and delivery of training to managers, employees and HR partners on relevant ER topics.
- Partner with other Center of Excellence (COE) teams such as Talent Management, Total Rewards and Talent Acquisition on firm-wide HR projects.
- Lead, and contribute to, ER-related projects as necessary
- Solid Employee Relations case management and advisory experience and/or Employment Legal experience, including hands-on investigations experience, preferably with EMEA wide experience.
- Sound knowledge of UK and European employment law and regulation. Ability to pragmatically apply this knowledge in a commercial environment.
- Experience of working in a complex, matrixed and results oriented environment. Financial Services sector, including fund/asset management or investment banking sector preferred.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to frame, confront and present complex issues to varying audiences, influence and make difficult decisions.
- Experience building consensus on a cross-functional basis. Considers the local, regional and global impact of decisions
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels in sometimes difficult situations
- Analytical and creative mind-set. Capable of challenging the status quo and flexing solutions to changing demands.
- Operates with a risk-control mindset and is committed to the highest standards of excellence, confidentiality and personal integrity.
- Excellent consultative, coaching and conflict resolution skills.
- Able to independently juggle multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously.
- Demonstrates knowledge of laws governing employment issues including awareness of differing regional legal frameworks and processes; demonstrates operative knowledge of HR policies, practices and procedures
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.